- Balcony. André is standing by the wall, eating his pizza. Tantalus is looking over the railing.
- Tantalus: You know what?
- Balcony. Tantalus is leaning against the railing, facing the balcony.
- Tantalus: It would just have been nice if, a week or so ago, I'd gotten a fortune cookie that said, "May you like in interesting times," so now I could say, "Ah! Just as the cookie foretold."
- Balcony. André is leaning against the wall.
- André: Or, failing that, it could have said, "Don't answer the door the next couple of days, check your bathroom for intruders, and let André use your car the rest of the month." That would have worked.